Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Online Learning Starts Friday 3/20

D-Block English 10: 

All assignments for our class will be posted on our Google Classroom

A1 & A2 AP Lit:

We are going live with online learning on Friday, March 20.  I have invited you to a new Google Classroom.  We'll be discussing Ayn Rand's novella "Anthem," using the comments as we did for summer reading.  The first prompt will be posted Friday morning, and our class is scheduled to "meet" from 10-11am, which means that if you are posting "live" at that time, other people may be posting then as well -- making it somewhat like a real discussion.  I will be available to answer questions at that time, and throughout the day, directly through email or in the comments section itself if they are questions about the book.  Also, of course, I am hoping that you'll be supportive, helpful, and responsive to each other in the comments.  We're all in this together. 

I need to hear from you once a day for attendance purposes, by 2:30 each day.  You don't need to finish ALL of your work for me by that time, but I need to see something by then so I can share my attendance with the main office.  For grading purposes, our first few assessments will be a series of discussion prompts on Anthem, and then we're going to read the novel Invisible Man.  Obviously, we're into new territory here, and it is my hope that we'll all work together to make this work.  If anything isn't working for you, please email me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment